As infants we learn to walk upright, during this process we fall and stumble until we gain our sea legs. The same is true as we become mature Christians. Learning to walk worthy of the Lord is a process.~ Lisa Blair
9 For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives,[a]10 so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God. Col 1:9-10 NIV
As I read Colossians 1:9-10 I sought commentaries to further learn its essence. I found Chuck Smith’s sermon notes to be most beneficial. These are my take aways.
The Outline Points are:
(I recommend reading the full set of notes.)
- That you might be filled with the knowledge of His Will.
- That you might walk worthy of the Lord.
- That you might be fruitful in every good work.
- That you might increase in your knowledge of God.
- That you might be strengthened with all might according to His glorious power.
Reference – A Prayer for the New Year, Sermon Notes, Chuck Smith, Blueletterbible.org
Image – LABPhotos